The Careers Colleges Trust Digital Skills Partnership (Careers Colleges Trust, Ideas4Learning and Coralesce) has successfully developed 7 innovative online courses for the Education and Training Foundation to upskill instructors, trainers and teachers on applying digital skills covering social media; assessment; video learning; online meeting technologies; designing content; differentiation and workplace training. These 7 GLH courses as available through the Foundation Online Portal here.
This conference has been designed to generate a debate about the effective application of digital technology and whether it can support exciting and innovative teaching and learning in colleges, schools and training providers.
We have secured some excellent speakers as you will see from the conference brochure.
Speakers include: Matthew Hancock MP, Minister of State for Digital, David Russell CEO of the Education and Training Foundation and Prof. Stephen Wheeler formerly at the University of Plymouth.
The conference will examine how digital technology can support the development of creative teaching and learning that can help learners:
- Develop ideas
- Make connections
- Create and Make
- Communicate and Evaluate Programme
The conference and workshops will explore:
- Future trends and thinking in digital technology and learning;
- The Governments ’s Digital Skills Strategy with the Minister of State for Digital;
- The work of the Careers College Trust Partnership in developing innovative online CPD Digital Skills courses
- Case studies of a Grade 1 College and a leading Work based Learning Provider on implementing workforce digital skills and changing teaching and learning;
- A review of research into the impact of digital technology on creativity undertaken by NESTA Futurelab; (Workshop)
- How the Learning Wheel can stimulate creative use of technology (Workshop)
- How video learning can be incorporated into teaching and learning (Workshop)
- How to develop collaborative approaches to learning using technology (Workshop)
At the end of the conference day three workshops will be provided and participants are asked to select one.
Click here view the conference brochure.
Conference Fee: £150 to include all refreshments and a bespoke Christmas Lunch prepared by The Restaurant SW4 ( a student run enterprise) https://www.lambethcollege.ac.uk/aboutus/facilities/the-restaurant-sw4
To book tickets and view the full programme, please visit the Eventbrite page: ddpconference2017.eventbrite.co.uk