The course will introduce some of the frequently used social media tools and how they can be utilised to engage
The course will introduce some of the frequently used social media tools and how they can be utilised to engage, support and enhance learning. This will be a highly interactive course and participants will be experimenting and actively using the tools discussed for the duration of the course. All modules provide examples of how the social media tool has been used and participants are encouraged to reflect on how they will be used in their own practice.
The course comprises of the following modules:
- Using Twitter — Participants will be supported in setting up a Twitter account and have the opportunity to tweet to other course members while also using Twitter to feedback their thoughts and ideas
- Twitter Learning Wheels — Showcases different ways in which Twitter can be used for: communication, collaboration, assessment and learning content
- Gathering/curating tools — Using Padlet and Pinterest
- Using Facebook and LinkedIn
- Understanding your own digital practices